- Upcoming Dec 12th: The True Cost of Content: Expert Insights on Pricing Strategies in SaaS CMSJoin our expert-led roundtable, where we delve into the dynamic world of SaaS CMS pricing models. Discover how pricing influences content architecture, what ‘content requests’ really mean, and how to navigate the transition from WCM to DXP. We’ll tackle the tough questions on API costs, the role of CDNs, and how to forecast for a… Read more: Upcoming Dec 12th: The True Cost of Content: Expert Insights on Pricing Strategies in SaaS CMS
- Is The Hype Around Personalization Dead?A discussion with Ninetailed CEO Andy Kaiser as we dive into the challenges and opportunities of modern web content management and personalized customer experiences.
- Digital Customer Experience Software: What’s Next for the Shifting Landscape?Dom Nicastro and I explore the dynamic world of digital customer experience software, from AI’s disruptive power to the shift from CMS to DXP.
- The Changing State of The Content IndustryRoundtable discussion with fellow industry experts share their front-line perspectives on the rapid evolution of the content technology landscape and challenges faced by organizations today.
- The Hero’s Journey to ComposableThe Hero’s Journey to Composable: A Conversation with Uniform’s Mark Demeny
- November UpdatesMACH and J. Boye social night in Toronto – November 21st. I will be in Toronto on November 21st. to attend a J. Boye CMS Experts group in person. It has been quite some time since I’ve been to one, so I’m looking forward to seeing Janus and friends. Following this event, we’ll be at… Read more: November Updates
- How to evaluate Content Management SystemsThe last five years have meant some rapid advancements in how Content Management Systems are built, deployed and implemented. However, these advances also come with a great deal of added complexity and understanding needed “headless!” “multi-tenant SaaS!” etc. It’s no wonder clients are more confused than ever. Here is our four-phased approach for evaluating a… Read more: How to evaluate Content Management Systems
- Revisited: The risks of Facebook’s “Metaverse” big betUpdated to add this reference to a conversation with Noz Urbina on Ian Truscott’s Rockstar CMO Episode 146 podcast where we discuss the metaverse and what it actually means for marketers. Since this was first published, it’s worth noting that Facebook and others have largely pulled back from their metaverse bets, though Augmented Reality (AR)… Read more: Revisited: The risks of Facebook’s “Metaverse” big bet
- Updated: Is the hype around personalization dead?Update: I joined Andy Kaiser, the CEO of Ninetailed for a webinar where we discussed this blog post (and it’s role in influencing his product direction) and how things have changed in the intervening years since I originally wrote it. We covered a great deal along the way – how technologies have changed, the role… Read more: Updated: Is the hype around personalization dead?
- October market updatesOverall thoughts on the week – There is a lot of vendor focus around two core problems these days; federation and visual editing. Some examples: There are a lot of functions like this which will get absorbed into larger portfolios one way or another. As always, the real test is to understand how well they… Read more: October market updates
- Adobe Franklin – What is a CMS exactly, anyway?I finally got around to playing with Adobe Franklin – down to getting the sample configs into GitHub, content into Google Docs and starting to understand how blocks and styles work. (My version of this blog post hosted via Adobe Franklin can be found on my personal test site here: https://main–adobe-franklin–mdemeny.hlx.live/adobe-franklin) At its core, the key value proposition… Read more: Adobe Franklin – What is a CMS exactly, anyway?
- AI and content management – what does it all mean?Generative AI is in the midst of having a major moment in the content management space. One of the long-standing hurdles for any organization is creating large amounts of high-quality content – particularly as the number of audiences and channels continues to grow. Generative AI has the potential to dramatically reshape how marketing organizations create… Read more: AI and content management – what does it all mean?
- What do people really mean when they say “headless”, “hybrid headless” or “composable”?Whenever I am in a room discussing all things content management with peers and talking about the definition of “headless”, “hybrid headless” and “composable” I’ve found that even among a group of five people you’ll get six opinions. What is clear is that “headless” is a pretty poor word to describe headless content management systems,… Read more: What do people really mean when they say “headless”, “hybrid headless” or “composable”?